EN    FR  
You are hereUNIL > Welcome > International Students

Foreign Student

You are an international Student interested in studying at Lausanne:

Where to register

The Admission Service can help you.


Before coming

Formalities in your home country, Procedure to follow.


Once you arrive

Formalities on arriving in Switzerland.


Residence tax 

All foreign students holding a B or L permit must pay a residence tax.


Your first night in Switzerland

Finding a hotel in Lausanne or Geneva.


Finding a place to live

You are looking for somewhere to live.


Getting insured

Health and accident insurance.


Study cost

Living expenses in Lausanne.


Finding a job

Employment Service


French classes for non-native speakers of french

Cours de vacances (classes held during the summer and the winter break)
Ecole de français moderne (classes held during term time).


Unicentre  -  CH-1015 Lausanne  -  Switzerland  -  Tel. +41 21 692 11 11  -  Fax +41 21 692 20 05
Swiss University