Social Affairs and Student Mobility (SASME)
This service will help you to find:
- A job during your studies
- Information about work permit
- Solutions for a difficult financial situation
- Answers about insurances (health, accident, liability…)
- Information about universities exchange programmes
Vocational Guidance and Careers Service (SOC)
This service offers help and advice on:
- Choosing your area of study
- facilitating your adaptation and integration as a student
- Improving your studying methods
- Setting up a professional project
- Finding an internship or a new job.
Students and PhD students who are suffering from mental health problems, whether these are linked to their university studies or not, are entitled to temporary medical support.
This consists of outpatient care for a limited period (excluding emergencies) in the form of one to four sessions with a consultant from the Department of Psychiatry at CHUV, who is bound by doctor-patient confidentiality.
The first consultation is free and the remainder are covered by basic health insurance under the Federal Health Insurance Act (LAMal).
Consultations can be held in French, English or Italian and are by appointment only.
This service offers you:
- times of healing, dialogue and questioning about spirituality and religion
- moments of conviviality to meet students from all over the world and from different spiritual traditions
- individual interviews
Chaplains, of Christian tradition (Catholic and Protestant) welcome each person and respect every personal convictions.