Each year in September, te PhD program in Cancer and Immunology organizes :
. A summer course in Immunology: click
. A summer course in Cancer: click
The UNIL offers a broad spectrum of doctoral courses and tutorials open to UNIL and EPFL students
1. CIIL COURSE (equivalent to tutorial) : No course scheduled at present
10 weekly 2-hour sessions (on Tuesdays) with a lecture by invited key speakers, followed by a discussion of scientific papers.
Research seminars (detailed below) open to everyone, 12h15, Room B301, CIIL Epalinges.
3. EPFL COURSES: The EPFL offers a broad spectrum of doctoral courses and practicals, also open to UNIL, LICR-UNIL and CHUV students. ECTS are indicated in the course book. Link
4. EMBnet COURSES: The Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics (SIB) run introductory and advanced courses on bioinformatics, biostatistics, computer modelling and programming.:
5. IIIe Cycle COURSES: The Universities of the French-speaking part of Switzerland propose through the IIIe Cycle a series of courses and practicals. Among them is an international scientific meeting held in Villars every September to which graduate students are strongly encouraged to attend. Credits are mentioned in the course book. VILLARS MEETING
- WOLFSBERG MEETING, organized by ETH Zürich: 2019
6. MOUSE COURSE
1 ECTS credit
Mouse experimentation Module 1: 1 credit is given for attending the 20h practical part (20h of lectures are not accredited). Courses are in French, German or English. Mouse experimentation Module 2: no credit given.
NB.: Other courses may be taken into account in agreement with the chairperson of the PhD program committee.
- Courses are credited on the basis of 1 credit for 25 to 30 hours of lectures/practicals/homework/personal work provided the student's performance is evaluated (ECTS accreditation system).
Attending/speaking/presenting a poster at a scientific meeting or attending seminars is encouraged but does not count as credits. - Course certificates must be transmitted to the PhD program office.
7. Cancer seminar series Cancer Progress Reports
8. Immunology Progress reports