How to reach the CIG
Directions to the Center for Integrative Genomics (CIG)
University of Lausanne, Building "Le Génopode"
Rte de Blévallaire (on a GPS, crossing with route cantonale), Ecublens (VD),
GPS coordinates: Latitude: 46.519431/Longitude: 6.574534
By road :
- Highway direction Lausanne-Sud
- Exit UNIL – EPFL
- Follow UNIL-Sorge
- Drive about 800 m (direction Morges)
- until you reach a bus stop called 'Champagne'
- Turn on the right in front of the Telecom tower, just after the bus-stop "Champagne"
- 20 m further turn again on the right (signpost Livraisons 13)
- Follow the little road for about 50 m, turn left
You can park your car on the roadside or in the car park next to the building marked 'BEP' or 'Réservé Génopode'
*) Upon your arrival, please ask for a parking authorization card at the building's central warehouse (first door on the right, East entry), place it behind your windscreen
- By entering the building you are at level 1. Reception is at level 2.
→ see map
View From Geneva to CIG - Lausanne in a larger map
By public transportation:
From Lausanne railway station :
- In front of Lausanne railway station’s main exit, take the Metro M2 going to 'Croisettes', change station 'Lausanne-Flon'
- take the metro M1 going to 'Renens CFF'. They all leave in the same direction and all go to the campus.
- Get off at the stop UNIL-Sorge (not UNIL-Dorigny)
From Renens railway station :
- Tramway (M1), direction 'Lausanne Flon'
- UNIL-Sorge stop
- From UNIL-Sorge stop, cross the road and walk up on the 'Amphimax' building. You will then see the CIG building 'Le Génopode' in front of you at about 150 m towards the lake.
- By entering the building via its main entrance you are at level 2.
→ see map