The missions of the Phenotyping Facility include
- The immuno / histologic phenotyping of engineered mice strains,
- The development of immunohistology protocols for specific antibodies,
- The training and advising of CIG members on available technologies.
- The adaptation of Histology protocols to cultures cells, Drosophila and Arabidobsis.
- Advice and collaborations on CIG projects
- Development of protocols tailored to each antibody
- Hands-on training of CIG members on the equipment (Cryostat, Microtome, etc…)
- Training of CIG members in histology practice
- Test/benchmark the newly released products and technologies
- Manage a stock of secondary antibodies and some common primary antibodies
- Dissection and Fixation
- Tissue paraffin embedding and sectioning
- Tissue freezing and cryosectioning
- Fluorescence and Enzymatic immunohistochemistry techniques
- In Situ Hybridization
- Standard topographic colorations
- Specific colorations (e.g. for fat, elastic fibers, iron…)
- Acquisition of pictures by both transmission and fluorescence microscopy
General terms apply as described here.
It is highly recommended to contact Catherine Moret before starting the project in order to discuss the procedures (tissue collection, preparation, etc).
Head of the facility
|firstname.lastname@example.org||2013||021 692 41 32|
|email@example.com||5023||021 692 41 43|
Rooms, equipment & link to other relevant facilities
For the equipment booking, click here
Protocols & reagents
- Staining protocols (Please contact us)
- Secondary Antibodies (Please contact us)
- Primary antibodies (Please contact us)
- Inhibition of cyclin-dependent kinase 4 (CDK4) alters lysosomal function in breast cancer cells and tumors (Fajas group) Submitted
- Minocha S, Villeneuve D, Praz V, Moret C, Lopes M, Pinatel D, Rib L, Guex N, Herr W. Rapid recapitulation of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis upon loss of HCF-1 function in mice. Mol Cell Biol. 2018 Dec 17. pii: MCB.00405-18
- Pich C, Meylan P, Mastelic-Gavillet B, Nguyen TN, Loyon R, Trang BK, Moser H, Moret C, Goepfert C, Hafner J, Levesque MP, Romero P, Jandus C, Michalik L. Induction of paracrine signaling in metastatic melanoma cells by PPARγ agonist rosiglitazone activates stromal cells and enhances tumor growth. Cancer Res. 2018 Nov 15;78(22):6447-6461
- Minocha S, Villeneuve D, Rib L, Moret C, Guex N, Herr W. Segregated Hepatocyte proliferation and Metabolic States Within the Regenerating Mouse Liver. Hepatol Commun. 2017 Sep 26;1(9):871-885
- Minocha S, Bessonnard S, Sung TL, Moret C, Constam DB, Herr W. Epiblast-specific loss of HCF-1 leads to failure in anterior-posterior axis specification. Dev Biol. 2016 Oct 1;418(1):75-88
- Wawrzyniak M, Pich C, Gross B, Schütz F, Fleury S, Quemener S, Sgandurra M, Bouchaert E, Moret C, Mury L, Rommens C, Mottaz H, Dombrowicz D, Michalik L. Endothelial, but not smooth muscle, peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor β/δ regulates vascular permeability and anaphylaxis J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2015 Jun;135(:1625-35.e5.
- Preitner F, Laverriere-Loss A, Metref S, Da Costa A, Moret C, Rotman S, Bazin D, Daudon M, Sandt C, Dessombz A, Thorens B. Urate-induced acute renal failure and chronic inflammation in liver-specific Glut9 Knockout mice. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2013 Sep
- Willemin G, Roger C, Bauduret A, Minehira K. Major histocompatibility Class II Pathway Is Not Required for the Development of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease in Mice Int J Endocrinol. 2013;2013:972962
- Iglesias J, Barg S, Vallois D, Lahiri S, Roger C, Yessoufou A, Pradevand S, McDonald A, Bonal C, Reimann F, Gribble F, Debril MB, Metzger D, Chambon P, Herrera P, Rutter GA, Prentki M, Thorens B, Wahli W. PPARβ/δ affects pancreatic β cell mass and insulin secretion in mice. J Clin Invest. 2012 Nov;122(11):4105-17
- Kostadinova R, Montagner A, Gouranton E, Fleury S, Guillou H, Dombrowicz D, Desreumaux P, Wahli W. GW501516-activated PPARbeta/delta promotes liver fibrosis via p38-JNK MAPK-induced hepatic stellate cell proliferation. Cell Biosci. 2012 Oct 10;2(1):34
- El Kochairi I, Montagner A, Rando G, Lohmann C, Matter CM, Wahli W. Beneficial effects of combinatorial micronutrition on body fat and atherosclerosis in mice Cardiovasc Res. 2011 Sep 1;91(4):732-41.