The sports programme
The University Sports Center, located near the lake, and in walking distance from the University, welcomes students all year round. By taking part in its activities, you can easily meet French speakers. Here are some of the available activities :
- aerobics and fitness lessons free of charge
- sailing and windsurfing lessons at the nautical center (++41 21 692 21 64) Material can be hired every day, from midday to 8.00 pm
- swimming : possibility of a preferential rate with your student's card for any one of the numerous local swimming-pools
- street-basket and beach-volley, free use of courts
- tennis, possibility of hiring a court
- soccer, basket and volleyball, possibility of hiring material at the nautical center, provided you leave your student's card as a deposit.
For more details, please visite their website: www.unil.ch/sport
The schedule of the Sports Center programme will also be given to all Cours de vacances' students on the second day of the course.
During the summer, a sports afternoon is organised every first Wednesday of each three-week session.
During the winter, you can take part in winter sports weekends.