Characteristics of the intensive course
The intensive course is specifically tailored for students who want to learn the French language over the whole day. More details about the different type of courses is available on Le Fil.
This course awards 5 ECTS credits, a note and a Certificate of Qualification in French. The content of the courses are of levels A2 to C1 (from level A1 acquired). Students take an assessment test on the first day of the course in order to be placed in the class which matches their language learning level.
The Intensive course takes place over 3 weeks or 6 weeks.
It is possible to take the Intensive cours with the "Introduction to Academic Texts" option (from level A2 reached).
You can find a description of the course on Le Fil.
ATTENDANCE ATTESTATION AND CERTIFICATION
The Intensive course awards you :
- an attendance attestation on which appear the level of the course attended and the number of class hours;
- an attestation with the ECTS credits;
- a certificate of qualification in French.
In order to receive the Certificate of Qualification in French, you have to:
- Be enroled in the intensive course
- Complete your language learning portfolio following your teacher's instructions
- Successfully pass the oral exam and the oral comprehension/ written comprehension exam
- attend at least 80% of the course hours
From level B1, the Certificate of Qualification in French exempts you of the UNIL admission French exam; examen de français en vue de l’immatriculation (Subject to acceptance of your file by the Registration Department).
3 week Intenisve course with Certification
6 week Intenisve course with Certification
Payment is possible online at the end of the enrolment process or with a bill within 10 days.
Dates of the next courses:
- Session 1: cancelled
- Session 2: July 20th to August 7th 2020
- Session 3: August 10th to 28th 2020
- 6 week session: July 20th to August 28th 2020
Timetable of the Intensive course
Morning: 8.45 to 12.00 (12.15 on session 2) Monday to Friday
Afternoon: 1.15 to 3.45 according to a planification which will be given to enroled students 2 weeks before the start of the course.
Enrolment opening for summer 2020 : postponed to May 7th 2020 (subject to change due to the evolution of the coronavirus COVID-19 epidemic)
Enrolment deadlines :
Thursday July 16th 2020 for a course starting on July 20th
Thursday August 6th 2020 for a course starting on August 10th
Attention no application for refund is possible in case of cancellation on your behalf passed these deadlines.