Summer French Courses
Summer courses 2014
We offer French courses for non-native speakers of all levels over 9 weeks in the Summer:
- 3 three-week sessions for levels A1 to C1
- 2 six-week sessions for Complete beginners
- specific tutorial syllabus leading to the obtention of 6 ECTS credits
For more detailed information about our Summer courses, please visit our website again in March 2014!
In the morning : intensive courses
|Course||Dates (3 or 6 weeks)||Fee|
|Complete beginner||June 30th - August 8th||1200 CHF|
|Complete beginner||July 21st - August 29th||1200 CHF|
|Beginner (A1-A2)/Advanced (B1 to C1)||June 30th - July 18th||600 CHF|
|Beginner (A1-A2)/Advanced (B1 to C1)||July 21st - August 8th||600 CHF|
|Beginner (A1-A2)/Advanced (B1 to C1)||August 11th - August 29th||600 CHF|
|Prep. for studying at Unil (B2 to C1)||August 11th- August 29th||600 CHF|
Important : the enrolment and payment deadline for all morning and afternoon courses is Tuesday the 3rd of June 2014. After the deadline, an extra enrolment fee of 100 CHF will be charged, and enrolment will depend on availability of places.
The Cours de vacances reserves the right to close the enrolment as soon as the courses are full.
The Complete beginner course (6 weeks) is for students who have no knowledge of French at all and who have never taken any French lessons. For more information (content, schedules, ...) on the beginner (A1-A2), intermediate, advanced and very advanced (B1 to C1) and preparation for studying at Unil (B2 to C2) courses, go to our Winter courses description.
In the afternoon : additional courses
|Course||Fee for a 3-week course|
|Multimedia center (all levels)||free|
|Swiss and French culture (from B1)||free|
|Pronunciation exercises (from A1)||250 CHF|
|Grammar exercises (from B1)||250 CHF|
|Writing exercises(from B2)||250 CHF|
- The additional courses are only open to students enroled in the intensive morning classes of the Cours de vacances, they cannot be taken separately.
- The pronunciation, grammar and writing exercises share the same schedule. You may only enrol in one of them per three-week course.
- Students taking several sessions should only enrol in one pronunciation, grammar or writing exercises course as the content of these courses is the same from one session to another.
- In case of cancellation, the pronunciation, grammar and writing exercises will not be repaid.
For levels A1 to A2 : if you wish to obtain credits, you have to follow a specific tutorial syllabus combining 6 weeks of intensive courses with the preparation of an independant assignment. A tutor carries out continuous assessment of your progress. You obtain 6 ECTS credits if you pass the final test.
From the B1 level : if you obtain at least the B1 level at the assessment test on your first day of the course, and if you follow our specific tutorial syllabus combining 6 weeks of intensive courses with the preparation of an independant assignment (a tutor carries out continuous assessment of your progress) in order to obtain the 6 ECTS credits, you will also obtain a French Studies Certificate if you pass the final test. This Certificate allows you to be exempted from the French examination normally required for admission to Lausanne University, if you wish to enrol at Lausanne University for one year or more.
|6 ECTS Credits||June 30th - August 8th 2014||2200 CHF|
|6 ECTS Credits||July 21st - August 29th 2014||2200 CHF|