You are a researcher, Swiss or foreigner, and you wish to use the resources of our libraries during a stay that you are organising in Lausanne. A lot of legal information is also availble online.
We will be happy to welcome you in cooperation with the Swiss Institute of Comparative Law (SICL) as an official visitor and offer you:
- a reserved table in the library during the whole length of your stay,
- personal contacts with the specialists of our team,
- upon request, an official invitation letter to assist you in your administrative procedures.
For more information see: Swiss Institute of Comparative Law - Facilities
We can support suitable candidates when applying for third-party funding, such as provided by:
- Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Scholars and Artists
- Swiss National Science Fund - International Short Visits
- Swiss Institute of Comparative Law (Lausanne) - Van Calker Scholarships
- Fondation Jean Monnet (Lausanne) - Bourse Henri Rieben
- various other sources (foundations etc.) as listed by the UNIL Research Support
Please contact your desired supervior early if you consider applying for one of these schemes and be aware of the stringent deadlines. In order to obtain an acceptance/invitation letter by a supervisor send your full application (including cv, motivation letter and two reference letters by your previous university professors) to your desired supervisor.
At the University of Lausanne you can benefit from the support of our Graduate Campus. ITs mission is to inform and support every doctorate and postdoctorate researcher, to help them achieve their personal goals, at UNIL and beyond. Thy offer lots of activities and courses.
We have also a very good Language Center.