Studying in the School of Biology: Mobility IN
The School of Biology offers one Bachelor and three Masters.
Exchange students can follow courses of the Bachelor in Biology. For more information on the course of study of the Bachelor in Biology: Bachelor
The registration for courses and exams take place at the beginning of each semester. For the exact dates of the registration periods, see below under "Registration and deadlines"
Studying abroad: Mobility OUT
We urge you to take the opportunity to study abroad during the third year of your Bachelor in Biology: follow courses in another university for one or two semesters. Whatever destination you choose, it will always be a rewarding experience!
Studying elsewhere in Switzerland
Students can do an exchange of one or two semesters at another university in Switzerland. All universities in Switzerland participate in this programme.
For a mobility stay in Switzerland the application deadlines are :
April 15 for an exchange beginning the following Autumn semester;
November 15 for an exchange beginning the following Spring semester
There are three types of agreements allowing students to do a mobility stay abroad:
“Faculty agreements” are specially concluded between the School of Biology of the Faculty of Biology and Medicine and a partner university. They allow students of the Faculty of Biology and Medicine to do an exchange stay in a university of an other continent or a european university. Faculty scholarships are available to the students doing this type of exchange.
The “SEMP agreements” (Swiss-Europrean Mobility Programme, ex-Erasmus) allow students to do an exchange in a European country. It's a parallel programme launch by Switzerland that offers similar conditions to Erasmus+.
“University agreements” allow students to do an exchange in a university of an other continent or in a european university. These agreements are open to all students of the University of Lausanne. As a result, the competition is stiffer for these agreements than for the SEMP agreements or the faculty agreements.
The procedure to acceed to one of these exchange possibilities is given on the website of "Echanges internationaux pour la communauté UNIL".
1. To choose best your destination, we recommend that you discuss your plans with the greatest possible number of instructors within the Faculty of Biology and Medicine. Each of them will be able to aid you, according to their scientific speciality and their possible relationships with one or another university.
2. For a complete and up-to-date list of the partner universities, please consult the website.
3. Make a first and second choice of host universities
4. Prepare a list of courses and corresponding ECTS credits for each of your chosen destinations
5. Write a letter of motivation
6. Contact the School of Biology. After an interview with the Mobility Referent (modifications or not in the study programme), the student and the Mobility Referent sign the learning agreement.
The deadlines vary depending on the type of institutional accord. It is therefore important to consult the information made available in the International Relations database.