Mobility - Scholarships
Studying in the School of Biology: Mobility IN
The School of Biology offers one Bachelor and three Masters.
Exchange students can follow courses of the Bachelor in Biology. For more information on the course of study of the Bachelor in Biology: Bachelor
Studying abroad: Mobility OUT
We urge you to take the opportunity to study abroad during the third year of your Bachelor in Biology: follow courses in another university for one or two semesters. Whatever destination you choose, it will always be a rewarding experience!
Studying elsewhere in Switzerland
Students can do an exchange of one or two semesters at another university in Switzerland. All universities in Switzerland participate in this programme.
Requirements for obtaining a CHF 500 grant per semester
The applicant must provide evidence, testified by the Faculty of the University of Lausanne from which he/she comes, that the successful completion of studies of the host university will be entirely recognized by the home university after the mobility stay. Additionally, the mobility stay must take place in a non-Francophone region.
Deadline for the submission of application files:
April 15 for any changes mobility stay beginning the following autumn semester;
November 15 for any exchange beginning the following spring semester.
There are three types of agreements allowing students to do a mobility stay abroad:
The “Socrates-Erasmus agreements”. They allow students to do an exchange in a European country. These agreements are specific to students of the School of Biology.
“Faculty agreements”. They allow students of the Faculty of Biology and Medicine to do an exchange stay in a foreign university. As for the Socrates-Erasmus agreements, the faculty agreements are specific to the students of the School of Biology and the Faculty of Biology and Medicine. Faculty scholarships are available to the students doing this type of exchange.
“University agreements”. They allow students to do an exchange at specific universities throughout the world. These agreements are open to all students of the University of Lausanne. As a result, the competition is stiffer for these agreements than for the Socrates-Erasmus and the faculty agreements.
The procedure to acceed to one of these exchange possibilities is given on the website of "Echanges internationaux pour la communauté UNIL" : http://www.unil.ch/echanges/page82177.html
1. To choose best your destination, we recommend that you discuss your plans with the greatest possible number of instructors within the Faculty of Biology and Medicine. Each of them will be able to aid you, according to their scientific speciality and their possible relationships with one or another university.
2. For a complete and up-to-date list of the partner universities, please consult the website : http://www.unil.ch/echanges
3. Make a first and second choice of host universities
4. Prepare a list of courses and corresponding ECTS credits for each of your chosen destinations
5. Write a letter of motivation
6. Contact the School of Biology. After an interview with the student advisor (conseillère pédagogique) and/or teacher in charge of the course of study, the student has the teacher in charge sign the proposed study programme.
The deadlines vary depending on the type of institutional accord. It is therefore important to consult the information made available in the International Relations database. http://www.unil.ch/echanges