The CVM Mini-Symposia are divided into a morning session with 4 speakers and an afternoon session where each speaker discusses research articles with PhD students in the form of a workshop. The morning session is generally open to all researchers of the UNIL, CHUV, EPFL etc.
Students attending the morning session of the mini-symposium can validate 0.25 ECTS. Students attending the morning and afternoon sessions can validate 1 ECTS.
"Adipose Tissue and Metabolism"
Organizer: Prof. Lluis Fajas Coll, Center for Integrative Genomics (CIG), UNIL
When: June 8, 2017, 8h30-12h30
Where: UNIL-Sorge, Auditorium A at Génopode
- Francesc Villarroya (Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biomedicine, University of Barcelona)
- Francisco Verdeguer (Department of Molecular Mechanisms of Disease, University of Zurich)
- Charna Dibner (Service of Endocrinology, Diabetology and Nutrition, University and University Hospitals of Geneva)
- Aliki Perdikari (Institute of Food, Nutrition and Health, ETH Zurich)
"Genetics of Cardiac Diseases"
Organizer: Dr. M. Z. A. Bhuiyan, Directeur du laboratoire de diagnostic moléculaire, Service de Médicine Génétique, CHUV
October 6, 2017, 8h30-12h30
CHUV main building, Auditorium Auguste Tissot
Speakers and Topics:
- Peter J. Mohler (Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, University of Ohio College of Medicine, Columbus, Ohio, USA): Ankyrin 2 and Ankyrin 3 in Arrhythmia
- Elijah Behr (St George's University of London, London, U.K.): Clinical Cardiology and Genetics
- Bianca Brundel (Department of Physiology, Free University of Amsterdam, Netherlands): Heat Shock Proteins in Arrhythmia treatment
- Hugues Abriel (Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine, University of Bern, Switzerland): Ion Channels and Cardiac Arrhythmia
"Long non-coding RNAs at the heart of development and disease"
Organizers: Ana-Claudia Marques and Samir Ounzain
September 16, 2016, 8-12h00
CHUV main building, Auditorium Mathias Mayor
John Rinn (Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, Cambridge, MA, USA): "Regulatory Roles of RNA Repeats in Human Health and Disease"
Alena Shkumatava (Unité de Génétique et Biologie du Développement, U934 / UMR3215, Institut Curie - Centre de Recherche, Paris, France): "Dissecting functions and mechanisms of vertebrate lncRNAs"
Phillip Grote (Institute of Cardiovascular Regeneration, Centre for Molecular Medicine, Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany): "Studying Novel LncRNA Loci Involved in Cardiovascular Development In Vivo"
Samir Ounzain (Experimental Cardiology Unit, University of Lausanne Medical School, Lausanne, Switzerland): "The long noncoding RNA WISPER controls cardiac fibrosis and remodelling"
"Microbes and metabolites: implications for cardiovascular and metabolic health and disease"
Organizer: Prof. Benjamin Marsland
December 3, 2015, 9-13h15
“Cellular and molecular basis of vascular diseases”
Organizer: Prof. Jacques-Antoine Haefliger
July 3, 2015, 8-12h15
“Homeostatic and hedonic control of food intake”
Organizer: Prof. Luc Tappy
October 16, 2014, 8-12h15, CHUV, Auditoire Yersin
"Bone metabolism and diseases"
Organizer: Prof. Laurent Schild
March 12, 2014, 8-12h15, CHUV, Auditoire Yersin
“Novel concepts in the metabolic syndrome: Connecting inflammation and metabolism”
Monday May 6th 2013
Organisers: Dr. Liliane Michalik and Prof. Kristina Schoonjans
"Lipotoxicity from the multi-organ perspective"
October 17th, 2012
Organiser: Dr. Francesca Amati
“Participation of Intercellular Communication in the Control of the Cardiovascular System”
June 22nd, 2012
Organiser: Prof. J.-A. Haefliger
“Quantification in Cardiovascular Imaging”
September 16th, 2011
Organisers: Prof S.D. Qanadli and Dr D. Locca
“Brain nutrient and hormone sensing in feeding and glycemic control”
October 14th, 2011
Organisers: Prof. B. Thorens and Prof. F. Pralong
“Translational aspects of genetic arrhythmias ”
December 2nd, 2011
Organisers: Dr. Florence Fellmann, Dr. Nicole Sekarski , Dr Z.A. Bhuiyan, Dr Jürg Schläpfer and Dr Katarzyna Michaud