The postdoctoral stage is a key moment in the career of women researchers, after which many of them leave academia or encounter difficulties finding positions outside the university that match their high qualification.
Supporting women’s careers and developing policies in favour of young researchers are major objectives in the Action plan for gender equality 2017-2020 and the Intention plan 2017-2021 of the University of Lausanne.
The PROWD programme responds to these objectives by providing female PhD holders at UNIL a career support offer that complements both other existing UNIL-specific career support programmes for young researchers of both sexes (Graduate Campus) and women’s careers support programmes conducted in cooperation with the other universities of western Switzerland (Réseau Romand de Mentoring, REGARD workshops). PROWD addresses female postdocs’ diverse needs and professional prospects through two specific tracks, while offering them opportunities for sharing experiences and concerns at joint events.
You plan to apply for a professorship?
Register for Academic Career
You want to pursue a career outside academia?
Register for Non-academic Career
Programme duration and structure
PROWD is a 6-month long programme. Participants commit to follow the entire programme. It starts on October 30th 2018 (Kick-off event) and ends in April 2019.
It consists of events specific to each track (Academic Career and Non-academic Career) as well as common events bringing together all the participants in the programme.
People registered for each track commit to participating in the main events (Programme kick-off event, one-day workshops, mentoring or coaching). Participation in the other, shorter events (lunch-workshops, informal meetings, etc.) is optional.
Most workshops and other events will be given in French, others will be given in English. The language for each event is indicated in the description, and matches the language of the event’s title. Participants can in any case choose to speak in French or in English during workshops.
Conditions of participation
- Hold a PhD (by the beginning of the programme)
- Have a UNIL affiliation
- hold a non permanent academic position at UNIL (first assistant/junior lecturer, maître-assistante/lecturer, postdoc, SNF senior researcher, scientific collaborator, part time lecturer); people with other kinds of positions may be accepted if they can justify the programme’s relevance to their career development
- or, have obtained their PhD from UNIL up to 3 years agoBe available on the dates of the main events and take part in the whole programme (from October 2018 to April 2019)
- Be available on the dates of the main events and take part in the whole programme (from October 2018 to April 2019)
- Motivation for the programme
- Motivation for an academic/non-academic career
- Relevance of the programme at this stage in the applicant’s career planning and development
Number of participants
Questions and additional information