Français | English

Work Permit

You must obtain a work permit to practise a professional activity on Swiss territory. The Foreign Nationals Division of the Population Service of the Cantonal Administration is responsible for handling all matters related to work permits for foreign nationals. Each canton has its own Foreign Nationals Department. For the Canton of Vaud, see the website of the

Population Service


How to proceed

The procedure for requesting a work permit always follows an offer of employment. It is the employer who offered you a contract of employment, in your case the UNIL, that must take the administrative steps required to obtain this authorisation

 in this site:

Useful Links

Population Service

Château de Dorigny  -  CH-1015 Lausanne  - Switzerland  -  Phone +41 21 692 20 20  -  Fax  +41 21 692 20 05