Call for Papers: Foreign Investment in the Services Sector
Topics for Papers
Proposals for papers are particularly welcome in the following thematic areas but other relevant topics will also be considered:
- Investment law and public services;
- Interaction between investment and services chapters in RTAs;
- Investment law and competition issues in services;
- Investment law and network industries;
- Problems of investment liberalization and protection in specific services sectors like telecommunications, financial services, utilities distribution, infrastructure projects, and security or professional services.
Deadline for the submission of proposals for presentations/chapters is 30 April 2014 and these should be submitted to Ms. Jorun Baumgartner (firstname.lastname@example.org). The selected participants will be notified by 31 May 2014.
The full program of the workshop will be available online at: http://www.unil.ch/llm. The event is open to the public, but will require prior registration. In order to maintain the character of the workshop the number of available seats is limited. Please contact email@example.com for further information.
Since 2010, the Leiden University and the VU Amsterdam in cooperation with partner institutions have organized an annual workshop to discuss conceptual issues and current trends in the area of international investment law. The proceedings are published in the "International Investment Law Series" by Nijhoff.