As you consider whether or not you want to transition to a non-academic career path, and once you’ve made the decision to make the change, you’re not alone!
The ALUMNIL network also provides support for anyone with a UNIL degree.
There are a wide variety of online resources you can consult in order to consider and prepare for the transition:
- The Relève académique portal
- The Aurora platform provides an array of career development support: from PhD profiles to toolkit webinars
- PhDs working in different industries and talking about what they do.
- My Individual Development Plan, for natural science PhDs
- ImaginePhD for social sciences and humanities
- Success & Career offers general job-hunting advice tailored to Switzerland (fr/de)
- Academics.com offers advice and job opportunities (academic and beyond) for Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- PhilSkills: for philosophers
- Beyond Academe : for historians
- Connected Academics : for language and literature specialists
- Using twitter, you may look for: #postac #altac #phdchat #withaphd
- The recent Vitae survey on the real life experience of postdocs across Europe gives helpful thoughts on the alternatives