What we offer
The objective of this facility is to provide formation and access to multi-color flow cytometry analysis and sorting.
The following equipment is available upon reservation
at the CIIL (Epalinges):
- 2 FACSScans (3 colors, 488nm laser)
- 1 FACSCalibur (4 colors; 488nm and 635nm lasers)
- 1 FACSCanto (12 colors; 488nm, 633nm, 405nm lasers)
- 1 LSR-II (11 colors; 488nm, 640nm, 405nm lasers)
- 1 SORP LSR-II (18 colors, 488nm, 640nm, 401nm, 355nm, 561nm)
- 1 FACSAria (10 colors, 488nm, 633nm, 405nm)
at the LICR/CHUV:
- 1 LSR (6 colors; 488nm and HeCd 325nm lasers)
- 1 Gallios (488nm, 640nm, 405nm lasers)
These machines are for analysis only and are run by the users after a short training within the facility. Documentation is available upon request concerning the different machines.
The facility is also equipped with a state of the art 9 colors FACSAria cell sorter run by an operator (9 colors; 407nm, 488nm and 633nm lasers) with possibilities to sort up to four different populations at the same time. Ideal cell concentration for sorting is 4-6e+6 c/ml (with as less serum as possible in the sample to be sorted). All samples need to be carefully filtered before sorting.
For more information
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research
Chemin des Boveresses 155
Tel. +41-21-692 59 67
Fax. +41-21-653 44 74