CHIPI in English
Founded in 2006, the CHIPI is a research unit focusing on the interconnected domains of the history of ideas and political theory.
Main research subjects:
The aim of the CHIPI is to bring to the research in political science a historical and philosophical perspective.
Two main fields of investigation are privileged:
- In the history of ideas: the study of the systems of political representation from the end of the Ancien Regime to the present;
- In political theory: the study of the relations between the individual and the state ( citizenship, rights and freedoms, public opinion …)
Current research topics:
- Theories of democracy and representation
- History of classical liberalism
- The French Revolution in European context
- Swiss nationalism
- Direct democracy