Composed of about 80 members, the Institute of Geography and Sustainability (IGD) is an interdisciplinary institute that combines competences of various fields of human and social sciences (geography, economy, philosophy, anthropology, political sciences), cartography and statistics, as well as physical geography. The focus is on research on sustainability with six priority objectives:
- cultures and natures of tourism
- development, societies, environments
- environmental humanities
- geographical information sciences (ScIG).
- urban studies
- water and geoheritage
Each researcher is attached to one or more of these poles of research. In addition, the institute offers competences in certain methodological fields, in particular cartography, as well as quantitative and qualitative methods in the fields of geography and social sciences.
Part of our Website is available in English:
- to learn more about people working at IGD
- to learn more about our research activities