German law students
(only applies to German law students)
After having confirmed your online application, you must send within 3 weeks and before the deadline the required documents (see below) to the following address:
only complete applications submitted within the specified deadline will be examined. If one or more of the documents referred to below are missing without justification, the application will not be considered.
Content of applications for admission to German law (Please do not submit stitched documents!) :
- a signed copy of the confirmation of the online application sent to the candidate by e-mail immediately after applying online
- 1 passport format photograph
- 1 certified copy of the secondary school diploma
- a certified copy of all records of marks (transcripts) obtained in all examinations taken at university
- a registration certificate ("Studienbescheinigung") of your Law studies for at least 3 semesters
- a copy of the certificate in Civil Law confirming your successful participation in the course of civil law for beginners ("Übungen im Bürgerlichen Recht für Anfänger", respectively intermediate exam ("Zwischenprüfung") or equivalent) or a certificate of your university confirming that you are eligible to the "Übungen für Fortgeschrittene im Bürgerlichen Recht" (or equivalent) at your university
- a copy of the certificate proving ("Leistungsnachweis") that you have passed a "Hausarbeit" or a "Klausur" (solution of a case, not necessarily in civil law) with at least the grade "befriedigend". Please do not send us your written papers (bitte keine Hausarbeits- oder Klausurabschrift beilegen)
- a copy of the passport or identity card
- a proof of payment of CHF 200 / CHF 250, see Administrative fees
- a copy of an authenticated translation of documents not written in French, German, English or Italian
Students of German law with a scholarship granted by Switzerland or Germany do not have to provide the registration certificate, the copy of the certificate in Civil Law (or other) and the certificate concerning the "Hausarbeit" or "Klausur". However they have to join to their application a certificate confirming that they have been granted a scholarship.
If the number of candidates exceeds the number of places available, the University will accord preference to students with a knowledge of Latin.
|more details concerning the registration procedure|