Studying at the UNIL as a degree-seeking student
French, English for some Master and executive programmes. Most language and literature courses are taught in the target language.
Required language skills
- Bachelor: Min. Level B1 of the CEFR (B2 recommended)
- Master: Level C1 of the CEFR is recommended for courses taught in French or English
- Level A1 for the courses offered by the School of French as a Foreign Language (EFLE), and the winter Holiday Courses (Cours de vacances)
- No minimum skills required for the summer Holiday Courses
- CHF 580 per semester for Bachelor and Master programmes.
- CHF 80 per semester for doctoral studies
- Between ca. CHF 2,000 to CHF 25,000 per year for Master of Advanced Studies and executive programmes.
Please note that:
- Tuiton fees are identical for local and foreign students.
- Foreign candidates whose parents reside abroad must pay a non-refundable CHF 200 application fee.
- Doctoral students must pay an enrollment fee of CHF 200.-.
Cost of living in Lausanne
Bachelor, Master, PhD and Executive programmes in Life Sciences, Medicine, Environmental Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences, Business. Courses in French as a foreign language are also available.
- Autumn semester: mid-September to end January
- Spring semester: mid-February to end June
For information about visa, accomodation, insurance, job opportunities, etc.: