Workshop GSE 2006 - Frontiers of Research in Industrial Ecology
Scientific Workshop GSE : 27.11 - 1.12.2006
The annual workshop of the Faculty of Geosciences and Environment was held on November 27 to December 1 2006. This year it was organized by IPTEH Institute and the topic is "Frontiers of Research in Industrial Ecology".
NEW! : PROCEEDINGS OF THE SCIENTIFIC WORKSHOP
Please click here to download all the presentations of the Scientific Workshop (as well as of the International Conference)
- PhD students, professors, researchers, scientists, students.
- Professors, professionals, managers, engineers and experts from industry and business, as well as public sectors.
- Session 1: Ethique et interprétations de l'écologie industrielle (lundi matin 27 novembre 2006)
- Session 2: Les échelles territoriales de l'action écologique (lundi après-midi 27 novembre 2006)
- Session 3: Economics and industrial ecology: strenghts and limits of existing paradigms (Tuesday morning 28th November 2006)
- Session 4: Methodologies for implementing sustainable development (Tuesday afternoon 28th November 2006)
- Conference on industrial ecology perspectives, by Reid Lifset (Tuesday afternoon 28th November 2006)
- Session 5: Sustainable consumption (Wednesday morning 29th November 2006)
- Session 6: The future of energetic systems (Wednesday afternoon 29th November 2006)
- Session 7: Industrial symbiosis (Thurday morning 30 November 2006)
- International Conference on Industrial Ecology: on Thursday afternoon and Friday morning (Nov 30 and Dec 1) and also including a gala dinner on Thursday evening.
Please note that the first 2 Monday sessions will be held in French (Territories and Ethics).
For any further informations...
...please contact Théodore Besson
International conference on industrial ecology (EPFL - UNIL)
The scientific workshop will end with an international conference:
Industrial Ecology : Paving the Way for Sustainability
An Environmentally-Sound Basis for Economy and Society
Lausanne - Switzerland
November 30 & December 1, 2006
jointly organized by the EPFL's School of Continuing Education
and the Continuing Education Center of the UNIL
How to make profit while changing our global and local economic systems to address the complex challenges of expanding demography, global warming and resource shortage ?
A stakeholder conference
This conference will be of interest to decision makers who work at the interface of economic, environmental and societal issues. We welcome participants from public and private organizations, as well as academic institutions or anyone who wishes to learn about core environmental and sustainability issues.
This event will suggest strategies and solutions in the field of resource, waste and energy management, to explain how human activity can be restructure to achieve sustainable development.
The following topics will be discussed :
- Understanding how sustainability can be implemented
- Optimizing the use of resources
- Closing material loops and minimizing emissions
- Increasing resource productivity and dematerializing activities
- Decarbonizing energy
- Planning beyond short-term to reach long lasting sustainability
The conference will be both translated in English and French.
The complete programme and the list of all the invited speakers is available on the official conference website
Inauguration of a continuing education programme on industrial ecology
This international conference, led by Professor Suren Erkman, an internationally recognized expert in industrial ecology, is co-organized by the EPFL and the UNIL. It constitutes the introduction to a new continuing education programme with, as a first stage, a 2-week Executive Course for decision makers from public and private sectors and scheduled in Spring 2007, to find workable solutions for the sustainable future of our society.