LN Travel Grants
The LN program offers a limited number of travel grants for PhD students enrolled in the full member/partner institutions University of Geneva and University of Lausanne who want to attend conferences, workshops or advanced doctoral courses in Switzerland or abroad. There are three deadlines each year:
- December 15 (for events taking place before May 15).
- April 15 (for events taking place before October 1).
- September 1 (for events taking place before December 31).
Please send your application by e-mail to the LN coordinator before the deadline as a single PDF file named "Your last name_TravelGrant". The file should include the following:
- Name, dates, location, detailed schedule and program of the event (a link to the website of the event is not enough; to facilitate the review process it is necessary to include the full information in your PDF file).
- To be eligible for funding for attending a conference it is mandatory to present your work. If do not yet have an abstract at the time of application, the abstract and registration details can be sent later, but will still be required to get reimbursed.
- If you are attending a workshop or a course please send your motivation (half a page), explaining why the course or workshop is important for your training.
- Estimated budget (in one page), including registration, travel expenses and accommodation, and clearly stating the total amount requested.
Please keep in mind these points:
- You will be reimbursed for maximally 1100 CHF when traveling overseas, and 600 CHF for trips within Europe.
- This money can only be used for:
- Registration fees
- Travel expenses in second class (train) or tourist class (plane)
- Hotel at reasonable rates
- For other expenses (e.g. meals, taxes, or visas), or if you need more than 600 or 1100 CHF, please apply for a second travel grant elsewhere or ask your lab/department to supplement.
- Students who obtained a LN travel grant before are NOT eligible.
- Please note that applications from students in the 2nd year of their PhD training and beyond will be preferentially granted.
- When you have obtained a travel grant, please send all original receipts (incl. plane boarding passes) and a certificate of attendance etc. to the LN coordinator after your journey for to get reimbursed.
After reviewing all applications, the travel grants will be awarded on:
- December 31
- April 30
- September 15