Biaggi de Blasys Award
Call for proposals
The Biaggi de Blasys award is attributed once at year to the author of the best doctoral thesis in Neuroscience defended at the Universities of Geneva or Lausanne, or the EPFL. Candidates obtained a PhD from:
- the Lemanic Neuroscience Doctoral Schoo (Universities of Lausanne and Geneva)
- the EPFL-EDNE program (including those from non-BMI labs)
- the EPFL-EDBB program (only those from BMI labs)
The prize of 5'000 CHF is awarded at the CHUV in Lausanne, on the occasion of the Brain Awareness Week.
Applications from LN and EPFL-EDNE graduates should include:
- cover letter
- curriculum vitae
- list of publications
- 5 printed copies of the thesis
- 1-3 letters of recommendation
Deadline for submission: January 15th 2014
Lemanic Neuroscience Doctoral School
Biophore 2204, Unil-Sorge
The Biaggi de Blasys award for the best thesis is 2012 went to:
- Dr Aurélie Manuel, for her thesis entitled "Neuroplasticity of inhibitory control", conducted under the supervision of Prof Stephanie Clarke and Dr Lucas Spierer and defended at the CHUV on August 16th 2012.
- Dr Ralf Wimmer, for his thesis entitled "The role of spindles for sleep: Manipulating oscillatory activity in the thalamocortical network", conducted under the supervision of Prof Anita Lüthi and Prof Paul Franken and defended at the DFN of the University of Lausanne on October 12th 2012.
Award ceremony at the CHUV, 14 March 2013
From left to right: Mr Gianni Biaggi de Blasys, Dr Aurélie Manuel and Prof Anita Lüthi,
who received the prize in the name of Dr Ralf Wimmer
The Biaggi de Blasys awardee for the best thesis in 2011 was Irina Oana Constantinescu, for her thesis entitled "Influence of sleep-wake states on human memory and underlying neural plasticity: insights from EEG recordings and parasomnia", defended at the Faculty of Medecine, University of Geneva, on March 21st 2011.
Irina obtained her Medical degree at the University "Gr.T.Popa", in Iasi, Romania. She then enrolled in the Lemanic Neurosience Doctoral School for her PhD thesis, under the supervision of Dr. Sophie Schwartz and Prof. Margitta Seeck.
Award ceremony at the CHUV on March 14th 2012
Prof Stephanie Clarke and Mr Gianni Biaggi de Blasys with the awardee, Dr Irina Oana Constantinescu
|Year||Awardee, Institution||Thesis title|
|2010||Fabio Longordo, Unil||Cellular and molecular mechanisms underlying the effects of sleep loss on hippocampal synaptic plasticity|
|2010||Anne Vaslin, Unil||Endocytosis, autophagy and JNK inhibition in neuroprotection against excitotoxicity and neonatal cerebral ischemia|
|2011||Irina Constantinescu, Unige||Influence of sleep-wake states on human memory and underlying neural plasticity: insights from EEG recordings and parasomnia|
|2012||Aurélie Manuel, CHUV||Neuroplasticity of inhibitory control|
|2012||Ralf Wimmer, Unil||The role of spindles for sleep: Manipulating oscillatory activity in the thalamocortical network|