Stem cells in Neuroscience
Organizer: Nicolas Toni
- Introduction on stem cells
- Adult Neurogenesis (Mechanisms, role in learning, synaptic integration)
- Molecular control of Proliferation, migration, differentiation
- Neuronal Stem cells lesion-induced activity
- Stem cells as a research tool or a disease model
- Cell therapy – Transplantation
November 7, Wednesday:
- 9h-10h30: Denis Jabaudon (CMU Genève)
Molecular control of cortical neuron differentiation
- 11h-12h30: Luc Stoppini (CMU Genève)
Embryonic stem cells as a research tool
November 9, Friday
- 9h-10h30: Alan Carleton (CMU, Unige)
Adult Neurogenesis in the Olfactory system
- 11h00-12h30: Jozsef Kiss (CMU, Unige)
Adult Neurogenesis: A view from the lesion site
November 13, Tuesday
- 9h-10h30: Nicolas Toni (DNF, Lausanne)
Adult neurogenesis in the hippocampus
- 11h-12h30: Jean-Francois Brunet (CND Lausanne)
Transplantation cell therapy
November 19, Monday
- 9h-14h: Nicolas Toni (DNF Lausanne)
Exam (Oral presentation/criticism of a recent scientific article)
November 7: Seminar Room 8100, at the GEDEV (Department of Genetic Medicine and Development).
8th floor of the CMU, Rue Michel Servet 1, Geneva.
November 9: Room S1
2nd floor of the CMU, Rue Michel-Servet 1, Geneva.
November 13 and 19: Room APP
Ground floor of the DNF (Department of Fundamental Neuroscience - former DBCM), Rue du Bugnon 9, Lausanne.
By e-mail to the LN Coordinator one month before the course, October 7.