LN Travel Grants
The LN program offers a limited number of travel grants for PhD students who want to attend conferences, workshops or advanced doctoral courses in Switzerland or abroad. There are three deadlines each year:
- December 15th, for events taking place before May 15th.
- April 15th, for events taking place before October 1st.
- September 1st, for events taking place before December 31st.
Please send your application by e-mail to the LN coordinator before the deadline as a single PDF file named "Your last name_TravelGrant". The file should include the following:
- Name, dates, location, detailed schedule and program of the event (a link to the website of the event is not enough; to facilitate the review process it is necessary to include the full information in your PDF file).
- To be eligible for funding for attending a conference it is mandatory to present your work. If do not yet have an abstract at the time of application, the abstract and registration details can be sent later, but will still be required to get reimbursed.
- If you are attending a workshop or a course please send your motivation (half a page), explaining why the course or workshop is important for your training.
- Estimated budget (in one page), including registration, travel expenses and accommodation, and clearly stating the total amount requested.
Please keep in mind these points:
- You will be reimbursed for maximally 1300 CHF when traveling overseas, and 850 CHF for trips within Europe. These amounts might be reduced if we received too many valid applications.
- This money can only be used for:
- Registration fees
- Travel expenses in second class (train) or tourist class (plane)
- Hotel at reasonable rates
- For other expenses (e.g. meals, taxes, or visas), or if you need more than 850 or 1300 CHF, please apply for a second travel grant elsewhere or ask your lab/department to supplement.
- Students who obtained a LN travel grant before are NOT eligible.
After reviewing all applications, the travel grants will be awarded on:
- December 31st
- April 30th
- September 15th