2 post-doctoral positions / Jul 2013
The cluster of excellence NCCR SYNAPSY funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation aims to discover the synaptic mechanisms from the molecular to network and integrative aspects underlying mental and cognitive diseases, such as depression, addiction, anxiety disorders or development disorders.
The European 16p11.2 consortium is a large translational project covering clinical, genomics and neuroimaging aspects aiming at the characterisation of the 16p11.2 rearrangements.
- background in neuroimaging
- ambitious and highly motivated for pursuing a career in science
- PhD in neuroimaging, computational neuroscience, biomedical engineering, cognitive neuroscience or equivalent
- strong background and interest in neuroscience, MRI analysis and statistics
- excellent publication record
Candidates with a strong interest in and experience with methods for integrating multimodal imaging measures, including quantitative structural MRI, diffusion tensor imaging (DTI), and functional MRI, are in particular encouraged to apply. Experience with statistical genetics is an advantage.
The positions are based at LREN in Lausanne. LREN provides state-of-the-art facilities with a fully research-dedicated 3 Tesla MRI Siemens Prisma machine at the edge of MR technology, well-established infrastructure for neurophysiological testing (electro-encephalography and transcranial magnetic stimulation), computer pool for hands-on student teaching and 200 m2 of laboratory space. We also have access to research dedicated 7T human MRI scanner.
Both projects offer a stimulating, young and international environment making use of expertise and infrastructure of
- LREN, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Lausanne - Prof. B. Draganski
- the Centre for Integrative Genomics, University Lausanne - Prof. A. Reymond
- the Division of Medical Genetics, Lausanne University Hospital (CHUV) - Prof. S. Jacquemont
- Psychiatry Department, Lausanne University Hospital (CHUV) - Prof. Ph. Conus, Prof. M. Preisig and Dr. P. Marquet
Starting date: negotiable, but as early as December 2013
Application deadline: open until position is filled
please send a CV, letter of motivation and three references