The MD-PhD Commission is attached to the FBM and EPFL Doctoral Schools.
The goals of the MD-PhD Commission are :
- to define the MD-PhD programme ;
- to promote the MD-PhD programme ;
- to help candidates work out their project for the admission in the MD-PhD programme;
- to help students admitted in the MD-PhD programme to constitute their preparatory training programme ; as well as their doctoral and post-doctoral curriculum and to pursue their projects
- to inform MD-PhD thesis directors ;
- to help students obtaining a fellowship ;
- to facilitate exchanges of students and, in coordination with the local commissions of the other Swiss or foreign universities, organise courses and seminars for the participants in the MD-PhD programme.
One member of the MD-PhD Commission is at the disposal of each candidate. This mentor helps the candidate to organize his preparatory training programme and to find a thesis director, he also supports him/her in the preparation of his/her thesis.