MD-PhD Doctoral studies
Doctoral studies programme
1. Candidates to MD-PhD take part to doctoral program in Life Science organized by the FBM Doctoral School, ruled by the "PhD Règlement" (Only available in French)
2. 12 ECTS credits should be obtained by the end of the MD-PhD doctoral studies
3. At the end of the first year, at least 4 ECTS credits should be obtained. 2 of these 4 credits should be obtained by participation to 2 tutorials.
PhD_Reglement.pdf (4938 Kb)
For thesis procedure at EPFL, contact the EPFL doctoral program relevant to your specialisation
1. End of the first year : constitution of the thesis Committee and justification for the 4 ECTS credits
2. At the end of each year : Submission of a yearly report
3. At the latest 2,5 years after the beginning the thesis work : Mid-term exam
4. End of the thesis work : writing of the thesis dissertation
Final exam and thesis deposit
1. The thesis manuscript is submitted to the thesis Jury
2. The final exam includes 2 parts :
- the examination session (private thesis defense) : the candidate presents his/her thesis to the Jury
- the public defense : it is generally held in French and aims the popularization of the results of the thesis work.
After the public defense, the candidate :
deposits his/her thesis copies at the Doctoral school and the BCU (see details)
- sends the form "Avis de dépôt de thèse" to the BCU
- fills the form "Commande de diplôme" and send it to the Doctoral School in order to get his/her diploma.
Once all these requirements are fulfilled the candidate receives the grade of "Docteur en médecine et ès sciences".
Avis_depot_these_BCU (184 Kb)
Commande_diplome_MD-PhD (149 Kb)