The doctoral program promotes mobility by encouraging PhD students to attend advanced courses, and scientific meetings at other universities, as well as by supporting a lab visit.
The purpose is to enable the PhD students to meet other people in their field, enlarge their knowledge, and possibly establish a network of collaboration.
Note: Only PhD students enrolled in the doctoral program of Population Genomics are eligible to apply for mobility money.
How to apply?
Decision is usually given within 2 weeks after receiving.
As long as our budget allows to, PhD students in the program can apply once a year for mobility money.
How to get a reimbursement?
No later then 3 months after the event, the following documents have to be send to the coordination office:
1. Description/Program of the event
2. Certificate of participation
3. Standard reimbursement form
4. All original tickets, bills, receipts (it is advisable to keep own copies)
Short summary of reimbursement rules concerning travel and accommodation
• Flight: economy
• Train: 2nd class half-fare (Switzerland) or 2nd class (outside Switzerland)
• Buses/Metro/Tram are reimbursed
• Taxi fares are not reimbursed
• Hotel: preferable student residence, youth hostel, or similar