An Introduction to Bayesian Statistics in Ecology
February 7 – 9, 2011, BERN
Dr. Wayne Dawson, University of Bern
This is a joint course between the Doctoral Program in Ecology and Evolution
and the Doctoral Program in Population Genomics.
Dr. Marc Kery, Swiss Ornithological Institute
- Soft intro Bayes stats
- WinBUGS as a standalone application
- WinBUGS run from R
- basics of the linear models: the design matrix (book chapter 6)
- linear and generalised linear models
- mixed models (one-way ANOVA)
- perhaps start general mixed models, such as "random-effects ANCOVA"
- more mixed models
Date: February 7-9, 2011
Time: to be announced
Location: Institute for Plant Sciences, University of Bern
Number of participants: 20
If you do not have an account at MyCUSO, please contact Nadia Bruyndonckx
Priority is given to PhD students of the Doctoral Programs in Population Genomics & Ecology and Evolution.
Coordinator of the Inter-University Doctoral Program in Ecology and Evolution