What is Resal?
The Lemanique Animal Facility Network (Resal) is an organized network of the biomedical research institutions, including the CHUV, EPFL, UNIL, HUG, UNIGE, which conducts animal experimentation. The aim of the Convention establishing this network is to give to the researchers the optimal opportunities in terms of quantity, quality, proximity and cost.
Since its establishment in 2004, ResAL includes the following animal facilities:
- The EPFL animal facility in Ecublens,
- The UNIL animal facility in Epalinges
- The CIG-UNIL animal facility in Dorigny
- The CHUV and UNIL animal facilities at the Bugnon area
- The Faculty of Medicine of the UNIGE and HUG.
- The animal facility of the Faculty of Science of the UNIGE.
- as well as all the other animal facilities which would be created in the next future.
The Resal network was created to coordinate and optimize management activities, education and communication related to animal experimentation.