I am interested in bridging evolutionary genomics and sensory neurobiology. Several of the topics that I am most interested in include:
- Evolution of sensory neural circuits and behavior
- How do new circuits emerge (or become lost)? how are they modified between species?
- How are shared circuits modified, and what are their behavioral consequences?
- Genomics of local adaptation
- What are the loci contributing to local adaptation, and can we characterize their functional role(s)?
- What role do sensory pathways play in local adaptation?
- Gene family evolution
- Evolution of new genes
- Evolutionary dynamics of gene duplications
- Evolution of chemosensory superfamilies
For more information please visit my website: arguellolab.org
Since July 2018
Assistant Professor, Department of Ecology and Evolution, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
Postdoc researcher, Prof. Richard Benton's group, Center for Integrative Genomics, University of Lausanne
Postdoc researcher, Cornell University’s Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Prof. Andrew Clark's group
Ph.D. Candidate, University of Chicago's Committee on Evolutionary Biology with Prof. Manyuan Long's group
JSPS Visiting Student in Prof. Hideki Innan Lab, Graduate University for Advanced Studies, Japan
Undergraduate Research Assistant in Prof. Stevan J. Arnold Lab, Oregon State University
BSc Oregon State University
There is no publication for the moment