The Department of Computational Biology is a unit within the School of Biology and Medicine of the University of Lausanne.
The Department has active links with the nearby hospital's Medical Genetics unit, with scientists from the Centre Intégratif de Génomique (CIG) and our colleagues from the Department of Genetic Medicine and Development in Geneva, as well as with numerous scientists from other departments in our University and worldwide.
The DCB, at the moment headed by Prof. Alexandre Roulin, is composed of several research groups:
- Prof. Sven Bergmann: Integrative analysis of large-scale biological and clinical data and study of small genetic networks
- Prof. Giovanni Ciriello: Computational and systems biology approaches to study functional interrelationships between molecular alterations selected in cancer
- Dr. Carlo Rivolta: Molecular genetics and genomics of retinal degenerations and other Mendelian diseases
- Dr. Fabienne Maurer: Pharmacogenetic analysis of the cardiovascular response in mice
- Prof. Ana C. Marques: Contributions of lincRNAs to homeostasis and disease