The Anatomy and Morphology Faculty Unit (AMFU) is part of the Faculty of Biology and Medicine of the University of Lausanne, located in the Department of Fundamental Neurosciences (DNF).
The unit provides training of human morphology to:
- Undergraduate medical students
- Doctors training for the Swiss Medical Association (FMH) specialization
- Physicians (ongoing training)
A team of 10 people:
- Six teachers of morphology
- Two staff who prepare the anatomical specimens
- Two secretaries
assure the teaching activities. Students benefit of:
- A multimedia histology classroom
- An anatomy classroom
- Organizational services and human specimen preparation
- Close collaboration with the local University hospital, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois (CHUV)
The Anatomy and Morphology Faculty Unit is tightly linked to the history of academic teaching of the Faculty of Biology and Medicine and also to the research values of the DNF. The facility’s research program is particularly suited to these roles, covering all aspects of morphology from molecular structure to macroscopic anatomy in the context of neuroscience, embryology and development.
The Anatomy and Morphology Faculty Unit is headed by Prof. Sara Sabatasso with a long lasting interest and expertise in neurodevelopmental biology and anatomy.