The Master of Science in Molecular Life Sciences program starts with a 2-day retreat that is held in the lovely mountains nearby Lausanne (e.g. Les Diablerets, Leysin). New students have the opportunity to meet a number of Professors, MLS students who started the previous year and a representative from a company who will present his organization including career perspectives. The meeting combines both formal sessions and ample time for informal meetings.
The aims of this retreat are:
- To help you selecting optional classes.
- To learn about research performed in the different departments.
- To help you selecting your 1st step and master research projects.
- To listen to the presentation from industry representative (2010: Novartis; 2011: Nestlé; 2012: Debiopharm; 2013: AGIRE; 2014: Changins; 2015: Selexis; 2016: Pharmalp).
- To help students who did not perform their BSc at UNIL with various administrative duties.
- To develop a team spirit.