The Equal Opportunities Office is an independent service, whose role is to contribute to the achievement of the UNIL Rectorate's objectives with regard to promoting gender equality:
- Encourage equitable representation of both genders at all levels of management and support the promotion of women among teaching staff and in supervisory roles.
- Support the next generation of female academics.
- Encourage an appropriate balance between professional activities and family responsibilities.
- Work to eliminate any form of direct or indirect discrimination at all levels, including in the student body.
The Equal Opportunities Office at UNIL works to:
Encourage and support...
- The next generation of female academics, through mentoring programs, training workshops and financial assistance.
- Fair recruitment processes, by monitoring academic appointments and raising awareness about gender stereotypes.
- Parents and family caregivers, with child-care facilities, financial assistance, information.
- The Rectorate and faculties, in implementing an equal opportunities action plan.
Inform and advise...
- Students, staff and the university Rectorate on any issues related to gender equality or work-life balance.
- Through publications and at events.
- In cases of direct or indirect gender discrimination.