In 2016, UNIL developed its new action plan for gender equality (2017-2020). The plan responded to a call for projects published by the Diversity Delegation of swissuniversities in June 2016, in relation to the federal program “Equal opportunities and university development”.
With this action plan, the Rectorate aims to support the success of the study and professional plans of students, teachers and researchers. In particular, women who have embarked on an academic pathway should have more chances to access professorships and management positions.
Over the next few years, the university will reaffirm its commitment to providing training and awareness-raising for the whole university community, on the challenges and benefits of a culture that respects equality and diversity.
The action plan’s five priority objectives are as follows:
1. Promote access to professorships for women.
2. Encourage women’s careers.
3. Strengthen the extent to which equality is embedded in governance, particularly in the faculties.
4. Promote working conditions that support equality.
5. Develop skills in relation to equality.