The mission of the Lausanne Genomic Technologies Facility (GTF) is to provide its user community access to and assistance with state-of-the-art nucleic acid analysis technologies. To this end, the major technology platforms supported by the GTF are:
- The Illumina HiSeq and MiSeq as well as the Pacific Biosciences Sequel System as ultra-high throughput DNA sequencing technologies for DNA and RNA analysis
- Nanostring nCounter Analysis System for RNA analysis and DNA Copy Number Variation (CNV) analysis
- Affymetrix GeneChip microarrays for RNA expression analysis
- Agilent Technologies microarrays for the analysis of miRNA gene expression
- Applied Biosystems 7900HT Sequence Detection System for quantitative real-time PCR analysis of mRNA, miRNA and DNA
Additionally, the facility provides bioinformatic support and consultation services at the stages of experimental design, data collection and storage, image analysis and, when possible, higher level data analysis as well as laboratory space and computer workstations to perform experiments and/or data analyses.