THE MAIN RESEARCH TOPICS AND CURRENT SCIENTIFIC ACTIVITY
1) Geomatics, geostatistical and GIS modelling/simulations of environmental and pollution data (soil water, air). Risk mapping;
2) Environmental data mining and knowledge extraction. Development and adaptation of Machine Learning algorithms for space-time data;
3) Pattern recognition, modelling and visualisation of socio-economic, demographic and financial data;
4) Spatio-temporal point patterns analysis and modelling (clustering, outliers and hot spots detection) using topological, statistical and multifractal measures;
5) Modelling and assessments of natural hazards and risks: forest fires, avalanches, landslides. Renewable resources assessments;
6) Environmental and monitoring time series modelling using linear and nonlinear models and tools.