SPA 2018 Sustainability Performance Assessment: models, approaches and applications toward interdisciplinary and integrated solutions
Organized workshop @ ICCSA 2018 - International Conference on Computational Science and Its Applications; July 2 - 5, 2018 in Melbourne, Australia in collaboration with the Monash University, Australia.
The aim of this workshop is to bring together scientists working in basic and applied science (scientific computation and applications in all areas of sciences, engineering, technology, industry, economics, life sciences and social sciences), but also qualified practitioners, to present, compare and discuss advances in research, applications and achieved results and to design future perspectives for “applied sustainability”. This workshop stimulates high-quality papers for presentation describing original interdisciplinary research results or case studies concerning “Sustainability Performance Assessment” according to the declared topics and research fields. All accepted papers will be published in the Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) Series. Accepted papers will be scheduled for oral presentation. Submission implies the willingness of at least one of the authors to register, to attend the conference and to present the paper. The conference language will be English.
March 20, 2018: Deadline for paper submission to the SPA Workshop.
April 8, 2018: Notification of acceptance.
May 6, 2018: Early-bird registration ends.
May 6, 2018: Submission deadline for the final version of the papers.
July 2-5, 2018: ICCSA 2018 Conference.
Themes: Sustainability; applied sustainability; Ecosystem Services; Sustainable development; Sustainable and Inclusive planning
• Sustainable management of natural resources (including: water management, land use and land cover changes, resource efficiency, biodiversity and ecosystem services)
• Sustainable energy (including: energy efficiency, renewable energy sources, smart energy systems, smart buildings, smart grids, energy planning)
• Sustainability and assessment tools (including: environmental impact assessment, strategic environmental assessment, life cycle assessment, corporate social responsibility)
• Sustainability and social challenges (including social inclusion, territorial cooperation, planning for resilient communities, participatory planning processes, urban environment)
• Sustainability and climate change (including strategies for mitigation and adaptation, planning for resilience)
• Sustainability and risks (including disaster risk management, disaster risk reductions, urban and regional resilience, risk assessment)
• Sustainability in urban and regional planning (applied models and principles in sample case study including local practices reports, international thematic experiences, innovations in regional and national legislations)
• Computational Sustainability (optimization societal, economic, and environmental resources, applied data mining, machine learning and spatial geo-computation)
Best Papers / Workshop follow-up
Selected papers will be proposed for publication in special issues in accordance with their specific topics. Workshop organizers will invite for extended versions submission after the conference.
Relevant journals for post-conference publishing:
- Sustainability - Open Access Journal (MDPI)
- International Journal of E-Planning Research (IJEPR) - IGI Global
- other relevant journal worldwide in thematic special issue
Francesco Scorza, University of Basilicata, Italy (email@example.com)
Valentin Grecu, Lucian Blaga University, Romania (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Jolanta Dvarioniene, Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania (email@example.com)
Sabrina Lai, University of Cagliari, Italy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Lucian-Ionel Cioca, “Lucian Blaga” University of Sibiu, Romania
Laura Colucci-Gray, University of Aberdeen, UK
Calin-Ionel Denes, “Lucian Blaga” University of Sibiu, Romania
Grigoris Kafkalas, Tecnical University of Thessaloniky, Greece
Giuseppe Las Casas, University of Basilicata, Italy
Dionysis Latinopoulos, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Giampiero Lombardini, University of Genoa, Italy
Federico Martellozzo, La Sapienza University, Italy
Beniamino Murgante, University of Basilicata, Italy
Silviu Nate, “Lucian Blaga” University of Sibiu, Romania
Magdalini Pitsiava, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Piergiuseppe Pontrandolfi, University of Basilicata, Italy
Georgia Pozoukidou, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Elena Cristina Rada, University of Trento, Italy
Marco Ragazzi, University of Trento, Italy
Xavier Salazar-Valenzuela, Central University of Ecuador, Galapagos Head, Barrio Miraflores entre Petrel y San Cristóbal, Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz Island, Galapagos, Ecuador
Vincenzo Torretta, Insubria University, Varese, Italy
Chiara Garau, University of Cagliari, Italy
Federico Amato, University of Basilicata, Italy