Context and scope
As part of its strategy to promote the golden path of Open Access, the Research Department is making a Gold Open Access pilot fund available to UNIL/CHUV authors from 1 July to 31 December 2021.
This phase will serve as a basis for the deployment of a definitive fund as of January 2022, information on which will follow shortly.
This fund is complementary to our Read & Publish licenses that we have with many publishers and will provide access to Gold Open Access publishing (with journals that only publish Open Access content) to researchers without external funding sources.
Eligibility requirements and procedure
Conditions of eligibility
- Corresponding author affiliated with UNIL/CHUV.
- Please use the Creative Commons CC-BY license.
- Authors who do not have access to an external funding source that can cover this type of costs (e.g. SNSF, EC, Wellcome Trust, Bill & Melinda Gates, etc.).
- Articles, chapters and books/monographs are eligible.
- Gold OA publishing. Please note: hybrid OA is not supported by this fund (optional OA in a journal that also publishes subscription articles). Check if your journal is listed in the Directory of Open Access Journals. Gold OA publishing in journals not listed in DOAJ.org will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Publishing fees of less than CHF 2500 (excl. VAT) for articles (partial payment not possible - articles with higher publishing fees are not eligible) and CHF 5000 (excl. VAT) for chapters and books (partial payment possible). Please note: additional costs such as colour charges or page charges are not covered by this fund.
If you are eligible, please fill in the form below and send us (via the same form) the unpaid invoice from the publisher.
IMPORTANT - The invoice must have a UNIL billing address. If you have an address outside UNIL, please have the publisher use the following billing address:
Dr. Micaela Crespo Quesada
Responsable Open Access UNIL
Université de Lausanne
Direct payment to the publisher. Please send us the outstanding invoice. Refunds are not possible during the pilot phase.
If you have any doubts, please contact us!