Cantonal grants


All Swiss cantons have an organisation responsible for awarding study or learning grants.

You should send your application for a cantonal grant to:

  • The canton where you have your primary residence if you are over the age of majority and are financially independent, or
  • The canton where your parents live, or
  • Your canton of origin if your parents live abroad, or
  • The canton to which you have been assigned.


In Vaud canton, the relevant body is the Office cantonal des bourses d’études et d’apprentissage (OCBE). You can find more information here.


Please note that students in receipt of a study grant from the canton are not entitled to apply for a partial waiver of course enrolment fees at UNIL, since these are included in the amount of the cantonal grant.



Office cantonal des bourses d’études et d’apprentissage (OCBE)

Rue Cité-Devant 14

1014 Lausanne

Tel.: 021 316 3370

Fax: 021 316 3378

Follow us:        

How to ask for a cantonal grant?

Aide-memoire cantonal grants