This PhD Program focuses on interdisciplinary training, research in basic areas of modern cancer biology and immunology, and possible exciting connections with clinical problems. The research carried out by the participating laboratories covers a wide range of areas in cancer cell biology and immunology, such as: stem cells and cancer stem cells, cancer and development, epithelial-stromal interactions, angiogenesis, cancer epigenetics, chromatin structure and function, cell cycle control mechanisms and DNA repair, cancer immunology, innate and adaptive immunology, infectious diseases, vaccine design., cellular and molecular immunology, vaccine development, HIV infection and parasitology (malaria and Leishmania).
Strongly motivated students worldwide are selected twice a year through a two-step competitive selection procedure. The expected time to degree is four years. The program designed for PhD students includes advanced workcourses, lectures, workshops and summer courses (In English), devoted to Cancer and Immunology, plus the possibility of practical training.
The working language is English.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE GO ON THE WEBSITES OF THE RESPECTIVE LABORATORIES
and of the UNIL doctoral school.
- Laboratories participating to the PhD Progam in Cancer and Immunology
- Possibility of doing a summer studentship in laboratories (please contact us)
PhD Program Committee:
- Prof. Gian-Paolo Dotto, Director
- Prof. Anne Angelillo-Scherrer
- Prof. Monika Hegi
- Prof. Werner Held
- Prof. Winship Herr
- Prof. Fabio Martinon
- Prof. Tatiana Petrova
- Prof. Daniel Speiser
- Prof. Ivan Stamenkovic
- Prof. Fabienne Tacchini-Cottier
- Prof. Dietmar Zehn
PhD Program Students Representatives:
- Antonia Di Micco, group Prof.Fabio Martinon antonia.DiMicco@unil.ch
- Jean-Enno Charton, group Prof. Margot Thome email@example.com
- Sergio Haller, group Prof. Hans Acha-Orbea firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christoph Thelemann, group Prof. Hans Acha-Orbea email@example.com
PhD Program Administration:
- Mrs. Françoise Flejszman
Mailing /contact address:
PhD Program in Cancer and Immunology
Department of Biochemistry (DB-UNIL)
Chemin des Boveresses 155
PhD-poster2012.pdf (8422 Kb)