- In parallel to the thesis research, PhD students take part in a study program (courses, conferences, seminars...).
- Study programs are created to train doctoral students by improving skills, knowledge, capabilities and competencies required to increase research performance and to help them for their future professional career growth.
- Students can choose between the general study program in Life Sciences (to be customized, called also "FREE study plan") and the programs with a specific study option/plan.
- At the end of your studies a certificate is delivered mentioning the study option you choose. Be aware that the study option will NOT be mentioned on the PhD diploma itself.
To start a thesis research, the candidate has first to find a thesis director.
The student chooses the study plan during the admission process.
- Life Sciences (FREE/customized study plan): Directly via the UNIL admission service during the admission process. You do not need to contact the Program Coordinator.
- Life Sciences with a specific study option: you must contact the Program Coordinator or/and go on the appropriate website to get informed on the terms and conditions and/or apply for registration and then follow the appropiate enrolment procedure.
- Enrolment in a study plan requires the agreement of the Thesis Director and of the Study Program Director. Official enrolement is done during the UNIL admission process.
- For the Cancer and Immunology PhD Program, the candidate selection may be done on a competitive basis. Please, check their website.
Note: it is very important to get enrolled in the right track during the admission process.