UNIL’s Sport Research Group is a center of excellence for research into all aspects of sport, from elite sport to leisure sport, sport for health and physical education. The Group’s primary missions are to establish a network of experts in the sport-health field and to promote research and analysis in this field, both within and outside UNIL.
The Sport Research Group's objectives are to:
- Attract, consolidate and apply new research competences in the sport field by facilitating exchanges and collaborations between researchers (events, conferences, etc.) within and outside UNIL.
- Support an inter- and intra-faculty research strategy in the sport field.
- Enhance the training provided to postgraduate students.
- Develop an expertise interface via continuing education courses, MOOCs and projects
- Build UNIL’s reputation as a center of excellence in sport research by, among other actions, creating an annual conference - Sportfuture Rendez-Vous – that will involve all the stakeholders within the Center for Sport Studies.
The Sport Research Group is administered by a board consisting of:
- Prof. Markus Lang (Chair), appointed by the Dean of the Faculty of Social and Political Sciences
- Prof. Olivier Bauer, appointed by the Dean of the Faculty of Theology and Religious Sciences
- Prof. Stefano Caneppele, appointed by the Dean of the Faculty of Law, Criminal Justice and Public Administration
- Prof. Sylvian Fachard, appointed by the Dean of the Faculty of Arts
- Prof. Daniel Oyon, appointed by the Dean of the Faculty of Business and Economics
- Prof. Francesca Amati, appointed by the Dean of the Faculty of Biology and Medicine
- Prof. Martin Muller, appointed by the Dean of the Faculty of Earth Sciences and the Environment
- Ms. Ophélia Jeanneret, representative of the University Sports Department
A member of the UNIL board, Vice-Rector Benoit Frund, is invited to board meetings. He is the liaison person between the Group and the university board.