Cantonal grants and loans
Each canton allocates study grants and offers loans to students. However, the management of scholarships agencies varies from one canton to another. You will therefore address your request at your home canton or at the canton of residence of your parents/legal representative.
If you become a parent in the course of your studies, you can request a new calculation of living costs and if necessary the amount of the grant can be reassessed.
UNIL Social Fund
You’re not entitled to a grant? You receive an inadequate amount from the Grants Office of your canton or other assistance fund? In these cases, you can apply to the Social Affairs and Student Mobility Office for support. Assistance can be provided in the following forms:
- Temporary help (one-time relief from financial problem).
- Additional study allowance (monthly payment).
- Subsidy for medical expenses (dentist, glasses, etc.).
- Partial exemption from course enrolment fees (only for those who do not receive a cantonal grant).
Occasional financial support
If you are studying at UNIL, without gainful employment or engaged in gainful employment in parallel to your studies, you can also receive allowances on certain conditions.
- To find out if you’re entitled to family allowances :