ECTS for your thesis in Cancer and Immunology
Courses are credited on the basis of 1 credit for 25 to 30 hours of lectures/practicals/homework/personal work provided the student's performance is evaluated (ECTS accreditation system).
- A minimum total of 12 ECTS are required for the obtention of your PhD
- At the end of the first year of your PhD (12 calandar months) you must have accumulated a total of 4 ECTS amongst which 2 ECTS come from tutorials.
- Out of the 12 ECTS obtained no more than 6 ECTS can be awarded to courses related to generic skills (soft skills/transferrable skills).
- Credits must be confirmed by The doctoral school, contact: Livia Ioni (Livia Ioni)
Information on courses
- Summer courses in Cancer or Immunology
Each year in September, the PhD programme in Cancer and Immunology organises:
Each course gives 2.5 ECTS amongst which there are the equivalent of 2 tutorials.
- CIIL course; 3 ECTS. Equivalent of 1 tutorial.
There are no courses scheduled at present.
The format is 10 weekly 2-hour sessions with a lecture by invited key speakers, followed by a discussion of scientific papers.
3. Cancer Progress Reports . 1 ECTS.
The format is 10 monthly lunch time presentations with discussion. PhD students who give a presentation and who attend more than 50% of the progress reports will receive 1 ECTS. For more information contact Monika.Hegi@chuv.ch
5. EPFL courses: The EPFL offers a broad spectrum of doctoral courses and practicals, also open to UNIL, LICR-UNIL and CHUV students.
6. EMBnet courses: The Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics (SIB) run introductory and advanced courses on bioinformatics, biostatistics, computer modelling and programming.
7. IIIe Cycle COURSES: The Universities of the French-speaking part of Switzerland propose through the IIIe Cycle a series of courses and practicals.
8. Conferences: Some examples of meetings that are recognized by the PhD programme in Cancer and Immunology: Villars symposium, Wolfsberg Meeting and The Annual Conference of the Swiss Society of Allergy and Immunogy.
For other conferences where you have presented a poster/given a talk complete the appropriate for and ask the PhD programme coordinator if you can validate credits for your participation.
9. Mouse experimentation Module 1. 1 ECTS credit.