UNIL offers first-class welfare benefits. It actively promotes a gender equality policy and seeks to ensure fair and equitable treatment for both men and women. It carries out regular reviews of equal pay within the university.
- Salaries are determined by the job role and experience in line with the Canton of Vaud compensation policy
- Recognition of years spent on child care
- All employees are entitled to a pension scheme that is more generous than the minimum requirements
- Various forms of family-related leave (maternity, breastfeeding, adoption, maternal or paternal)
- Twenty days’ fully paid paternity leave