Each PhD student has to acquire good writing practices during the doctorate training.
The following resources are part of the learning process:
- Regular discussions and feed-back from the thesis director and the committee,
- The use of the UNIL on-line tutorial Epigeum (to be confirmed by September 15th)
- The courses about scientific writing (organized by the Doctoral School FBM, the School of Languages UNIL & the CUSO transversal program)
- The regular use of a reference management software (e.g. Zotero)
- The regular use of the plagiarism detection tool called COMPILATIO. Professors, members of the « corps intermédiaire » of UNIL & PhD students should have automaticaly access to the tool.
- Consultations (need of advice) & accesses to COMPILATIO (if needed) can be provided when requested to: email@example.com.